From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 4:39 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] LCDs and VFDs

> I reckon it's ukha-related anyway...
>
> I just stumbled across this link:
> http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/
>
> Basically a set of drivers to run LCDs off a serial port (for Linux or
> Windows), with client/server stuff for TCP/IP control (nice!).  The
reason
> this interests me is that I'd like to run an alphanumeric Vacuum
> Fluorescent Display in a box as a display for my (linux) MP3 player,
> displaying album and track titles, and this looks like it might fit
the
> bill, and save me some programming.
>
> Only snag is, I've never used a serial interface LCD, only parallel
ones,
> and not yet programmed a VFD (which are also serial)- does anyone know
if
> the '1937' (I think it's ISO 1937, but I can't remember) standard used
for
> VFDs is the same as that used for serial LCDs?
>
> [I'm not trying to make work for myself on purpose- I'd just like the
> display to be with my hi-fi, and everything else has a VFD, so an LCD
would
> stick out like a sore thumb...]
>
> Even if no-one's able to answer the question, the LCD driver stuff
might
be
> of interest.
>
> Nigel

> Remember the good 'ol days

This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

Find long lost high school friends:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5544/7/_/2065/_/961145586/