Re: To Homevision or not to Homevision?

I've heard that it uses one of those TWnnn devices to 'communicate' with
the powerline and that the TWnnn devices don't understand DIM commands and
have no collision detection. Is this true? does it cause a problem
anywhere? What if I used the RF PIRs, from what I understand then basically
send On signals if there is movement, not just a single On to say there was
movement but constant On s if there is movement. If the TWnnn devide
doesn't cope with collisions - then I assumne that Homevision can't
either... Is this true?

Andy

On 07/06/00 at 15:44 Mark McCall wrote:

>Have to agree with all Mike says.
>
>PCs give great added functionality to HA systems but it pays to have a
>stable stand-alone HA controller at the heart of it all.
>
>M.

benifits to running a
software.

>> > I would recommend HomeVision for the following reasons
>> > - Constant software/firmware updates to support new features
>> > - 1st class support by Craig Chadwick at Custom Solutions
>> > - Ease of programming and programming tweaking
>> > - It's never let me down
>> > - I have never read or heard a bad word about it
>> > - It's great
>> > - HomeVision is for winners
>> >

>> > Mark J

>> > Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental
deletes,
>> > overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
>> > Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
>> > Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.
>> > http://click.egroups.com/1/4936/7/_/2065/_/960330919/

>> Remember Father's Day Is June 18th
>> Click Here For Great Gifts!

>Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
>more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long
Distance
>rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
I distinctly remember forgetting that.

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4057/7/_/2065/_/960391423/