Wake on ring

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wake on ring
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:52:51 +0100

I still can't get my system to wake on ring via the CM12U. In order to try
to narrow things down I'm asking for some help.

Can those who have an ACPI PC try the following:

Put your machine into standby, and then send some X-10 data into the
powerline to see if it wakes up.

Obviously you'll need to enable wake on ring in the bios first!

Could you report back with your motherboard type, operating system, and
success/failure.

Does anyone have a serial break-out box? I'd be interested to see if the
CM12U does in fact assert RI when data is sent to the PC.

One thing that has crossed my mind is that wake on ring can be disabled,
and
that it might be disabled in my device. I can't think of a way of
re-enabling it.

Tim.

1.6 Million Digital Images!
Download one Today from Corbis.com