Re: CCTV

You can use a single video input card, connected to a video switcher (IR
controlled), which has from 4 cameras going in. Then use HomeVision to send
the required IR to the switcher, to decide which camera is
"taped" based on
the PIR input

But better is the ATM Security thingy as already mentioned...

For others reading this (I already e-mailed Mark BEFORE he posted his
message) this is what I'm working on. May give you some ideas...

I already had a 4-in unit from Smarthome, which was really dear. Obviously
might as well use the ATM Security Patch thingy, which does the same thing
but is cheaper (and probably better quality)

They both have alarm inputs, so you could use Vehicle Alert or HomeVision
as
the input, and then the software will start "taping" the relevant
camera.

I'm setting this up at home at the moment. Have 2 mono cameras fitted. 1 in
the hall, 1 at the top of the stairs. There's PIR's there too so I'll use
those as the triggers.

I'm also going to do this:

The door bell pull is now wired to HV

So...
Someone pulls the bell
HV triggers ATM to start taping
HV throws a relay wired to speaker outputs, so the outside door speaker is
selected
HV sends to HomeVoice
HomeVoice says "One moment please. You are being video taped. I am
trying to
locate the owner..."

:-)

Mike