Re: UK Home Wiring Guide

Mark,
I think the wiring guide is a great idea, I would aim to link to it from
our
site if poss? I'm just in the process of doing some X10 drawings for wiring
AD10's, LD10's in single, 2-way and intermediate, I can let you have some
when I'm done. Also for what it's worth, here are some system design
thoughts (Comfort biased of course) in our Support section under Design
Tips. http://www.comfort.org.uk/support/index.html

Our Universal Communications Module (RS232) is being manufactured now and
will allow various systems such as Homevision, touchscreens and anything
else that has serial comms to connect to Comfort and provide two-way
control. In it's basic form you can use hyper-terminal to communicate
instructions to and from the panel. Each module can be sited up to 1km away
via the RS485 and needs just 4 cores, so allow for suitable twisted pair
(cat 5) cable for upgrade possibilities.

Thanks for your dedication to HA Mark!

Regards

Andrew Roberts (Technical Sales Manager)
Comfort Home Controls
(New Sales Line 44(0)1244 680675)
(New Tech Line 44(0)906 3004444)
Manufacture, Distribution & Support