German to UK phone wiring

I use a cordless ISDN PBX from Germany in the UK. As it has been approved
for Euro ISDN there is no problem with phone operation. It has two
connectors for permanently wired phones, which are to the german standard.
If I connect a UK phone to it, I can dial out, but the specs for the ring
signal are obviously not the same. I have read somewhere that it is
possible
with some systems to wire them up to a BT master socket to generate the
required ring signal from the two signal wires. AFAIK a master socket is
the
same as an ordinary socket with a capacitor wired across two of the
terminals. As I have loads of secondary sockets lying around, can anyone
shed any light on this?

If I put a multimeter across the relevant terminals (without master socket
attached), what voltage should I be looking for, and across which terminals
when the ring signal is being generated by the PBX? The output from the PBX
has four wires, two of which I know are for voice, I presume the others are
for ringing. It may be that the ring signal is not sending out a high
enough
voltage for the phone. If this is the case will wiring a resistor in series
increase the voltage?

Tim.

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications