Re: Which kettle?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Which kettle?
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:51:33 GMT

I "believe" (IIRC) that the device I'm thinking of, boils on
demand,
straight from the supply pipe going up to your sink taps, rather than from
resevoir. Also, I seem to recall it distinctly said the water produced was
"boiling" as opposed to just "hot" - I'm not sure if
I've still got the
leaflet though, (and if so, even less sure where I'd find it!!)

Paul G.

>From: Raymond <Reb.barnett@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Which kettle?
>Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:26:11 +0100
>
>Our cold water dispenser here at the office can be fitted with an
>optional 'hot' outlet specifically for making tea. I don't know whether
>it maintains a reservoir or heats it on demand. We were recommended
>against having the hot water option because some people reckon it isn't
>quite hot enough for making tea.
>
>I've always had the idea that it isn't healthy to drink water that has
>been re-boiled for long periods such as that from your hot water
>cylinder - something to do with trace amounts of copper (although I
>thought this was pretty inert!) leaching in, but I don't really know...
>
>Ray.

- Simplifying group communications