Re: Which kettle?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Which kettle?
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:11:37 GMT

EUREKA!

(sorry) - I've just remembered something I saw last year sometime:- Why
bother with boiling water in a kettle at all? (honestly, in this day &
age!!) - Why not just have boiling hot, drinking quality water permanently
on tap? (Isn't that what happens in the U.S?)

I remember seeing a glossy leaflet for some company that makes just such a
device, which is fitted under your sink, and has a small extra tap on top
(just like the many water filters available), except as well as being
filtered, in this case it is also boiling hot, ready for going straight
into
the teapot!

Just a thought!

Paul G.

>From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Which kettle?
>Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 09:24:30 +0100
>
>At 21:10 01/09/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >'Bout 25 years ago there was a product around called a 'TeasMaid'
> >did pretty much what you want .......
>
>If it's tea you want, get the Tefal clear jug teamaker thingy- it's
great!
>The biggest benefit is that the tea in the jug is out of contact with
the
>teabag, so you can even reheat it later in the microwave ;-)
>
>In answer to the earlier question though, I would presume it's a safety
>issue- the kettle would eventually boil dry if left unattended.  Burco
>boilers are at least slightly sealed to reduce the amount of steam
>escaping, kettles aren't.  It would also be fairly energy-wasteful-
maybe
>you could just insulate the kettle better?
>
>Nigel

>Just Tell Us What You Want...
>Respond.com - Shopping the World for You!
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/738
>

>eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
>http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications