Re: KAT5 AV Links

Hi Nigel,

I get what you mean now, but that would mean having to have a custom made
lead. What I am trying to avoid is the need to make up a lead. Also the
cable from RJ45 to SCART then wouldnt be screened.

My original designs actually had a 5pin DIN as the Av connector. Din to
Phono leads are readily available although I did get confused with one lot
that I bought as the manufacturers had swapped the colours of the plugs
around.  For SCART connections I got a DIN to DIN lead and chopped it in
half and fitted a SCART plug to each of the cut ends. Reasonably quick and
easy to do as a SCART has plenty of space to wire the leads in unless you
are using the "proper" SCART cable for a full wired (all 21 pins)
SCART
lead.

The DIN had 2 other advantages, compact (requires much less space than a
SCART or 3 phono sockets) and it only requires a round hole in the case.
Nice and easy to drill neatly.

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation