Re: Whole House IR.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Whole House IR.
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:12:37 +0100

Keith,

You have hit the nail on the head. The real problem is everyone is
different, some just want a diagram, others a PCB, some a kit others a
finished article they can show of to there friends, and you need to a least
cover your costs and perhaps make a bit of money for your efforts.

The real problem is getting the product out of the door before someone else
does the same thing and then the market is gone. Personally I would think
that a basic kit which includes all the components and a PCB (perhaps even
home made without  a screen mask) would be the best option, let the end
user
box it.

I don't know about the rest of the list but my prototypes have a habit of
not progressing from the prototype stage. My lighting gadget works ! but it
is spread over a desk at home connected to a in circuit emulator, 2
oscilloscopes, 1 computer, 1 logic probe and a bench power supply, its
built
partly from a custom PCB, verroboard and a breadboard, wires all over the
place and half of them carrying mains, - hardly a marketable state and now
am thinking of a re design to support CAN (when I can get hold of the parts
from Microchip. In among this I have ceilings and floors to put in for two
bedrooms and a bathroom to move. The kitchen still needs plastering as does
the dining room, Fortunately I managed to spend the last two weekends
rendering and plastering a spare bedroom, which might become a electronics
/
hobby room ;-)

So much to do ... even less time than Keith ;-)

John
jtankard@xxxxxxx
Building Links Page http://www.tankard.com/links.htm
Extra links to hotlinks@xxxxxxx please