Re: Free Domain Names!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Free Domain Names!
  • From: chris@xxxxxxx (Chris Davenport)
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:42:36 +0100 (BST)

AIUI, if you go direct to Nominet they will charge you a retail price
of 95 GBP for registration.  But if you are a member of Nominet (and
most ISP's are) they only get charged the wholesale price of 5 GBP
for registering on your behalf.  The members are free to charge what
they like for this service.  It doesn't take that many phone calls to
cover the cost of the 5 GBP fee, does it?  I reckon we should see more
ISP's making mimimal or zero charges for domain names in the future.

Chris.