Re: New Automater.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: New Automater.
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 10:22:24 +0100

>Also, does anyone know of a list of modems that support UK caller ID,
>or at least some way to test if my modem supports it?

This is a quote from Concept Devices website (concerning their new Caller
ID
Device - PC Caller)....

"The only modems (AFAIK) that work with BT’s UK service are made by
Hayes,
and Pace. So unless you have one of these, your modem will be trying to
find
data based on the US standard. The majority of modems using Rockwell chips
will work quite happily in the US, but will do little or nothing in the UK
when it comes to caller ID support. This is one of the reasons that we
thought PC Caller was a good idea."

M.

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications