Re: Home Network

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Home Network
  • From: "sales" <sales@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:42:48 +0100

Go to PC World or look at any of the online catalogues such as Inmac,
Action
etc:

http://www.action.com/core/

3Com OfficeConnect ISDN LAN Modem Internet Access Device. Man. Part No:
3C891.
£274.57

I am assuming that you already have Ethernet NIC cards in your PC.

No other software is needed.  Simply set all your PC's to obtain IP address
from DHCP, Set up web access to Lan.  Add the details of your ISP to the
Lan
Modem and thats it.

You can use what ever email you normally use. In this case I am using
Outlook express. If you enable Microsoft print and file sharing you can
share files and printers over the network.

The best thing is you do not need to dial up at all.  Simply bring up your
browser on any PC and point it at the web site you want to go to.