Re: AV Store.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: AV Store.
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 07:48:27 GMT

Yes, as you can imagine, I had a continuing email dialogue throughout the
course of Friday 12th with Mr. Hogan (I sent him several messages to keep
him informed of my progress, as I forwarded his outburst to the various
parties I mentioned in an earlier post).

I think, judging from his progressively politer tone as the day went on,
that he must have come to the realisation that he'd made a BIG mistake (and
had done it to the wrong person!)

It has finally resulted in his having offered me an appology, and his
promise to try to undo the damage, by guaranteeting me that I will have my
amplifier by no later than noon today, (Sat 13th) and that I will have £20
knocked off the price, AND I will get free delivery, AND I've been promised
free delivery an any/all future orders I might choose to make...

I have had a subsequent message from him last night, informing me that it
had been collected by TNT for Saturday AM delivery...

I shall now just wait & see if Mr. Hogan remains true to his word...

- Told you, - "by hook or by crook, I will get my amplifier"!!!
;-)

I have a feeling that Mr. Hogan has realised the error of his ways, and I
suspect that he will  fulfill his promise - he knows that if he doesn't I
will pursue the matter until his company is publicly dragged through the
mud!! - I have agreed that if he successfully resolves the situation to my
satisfaction, I will update all those informed parties and tell them so...

Thanks for all your messages of support and offers of help, and some
usefull
suggestions as well, that I hadn't thought of..

CHEERS ALL!

Paul Gordon.

>From: Grimshaw Stuart <stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] AV Store.
>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:00:12 -0000
>
>Any  attempt by this company to send unsolicited advertisements to this
>mailing list would be considered (by me at least) to be
"spam". Any
>threataning or other trivial messages would also be considered
"spam"

>I have in the past been a member of a soccer mailing list, which as you
>can imagine was prone to childish outbursts and other derogatory emails
>from time to time. When this was the case myself and the list owner
were
>succesful on several occasions in having the offenders internet access
>withdrawn.
>
>If they were to send adverts, or any unsolicted email, especially of a
>derogatory nature, Mark, as the list owner could inform their ISP of
>what has gone on. The messages to this list are all logged, and I
>suggest that Paul keep a copy of his, and also send a copy of the
>messages he has received and sent to AV Store to at least two people on
>the list (Myself and Mark?) then we have "proof" of when the
>conversation took place.
>
>Of course it probably won't come to this, and it's probably the last
> >we'll hear of Mr Hogan and his company.....
> >
> >>From: "av-store.co.uk" <Dominic@xxxxxxx>
> >>To: Paul_Gordon@xxxxxxx
> >>Subject: Your rubbish.  A Sad tale told by a fool.
> >>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:03:07 +0100
> >>
> >>Dear Mr Gordon
> >>
> >>Your slander has been forwarded to our solicitors. Clearly you
didn't
> >>read the terms and conditions.  I have given instructions to
refuse
> >>you any further service.   Your details will be passed to our
trading
> >>partners and the HiFi industry contacts that we have. Your
banned!

> >>You are wrong it what you say and are foolish in believing
that
> >>anyone cares.  Most people are glad.  If you provide a public
apology
> >>then we may cease action.
> >>

> >>Dominic Hogan
> >>Managing Director
> >>
> >>PS thanks for the link to the email news groups which we will
take
> >>advantage of.

>A shopper’s dream come true! Find practically anything on earth at
eBay!
>Come and browse the more than 2 million items up for bid at any time.
>You never know what you might find at eBay!
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1140
>
>-- 20 megs of disk space in your eGroup's Document Vault
>-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

Looking for the hottest sports memorabilia or sporting goods
specials? eBay has thousands of trading cards, sports autographs
and collectibles.You never know what you might find at eBay!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1143

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1