Re: A Salutory tale...

If I were you I would call them up at 9am tomorrow and CANCEL the order, at
the same time DEMANDING that they credit your card for any and all amounts
cleared. I would also ensure that you get the person's name who you are
speaking to, and pregerably speak to the manager personally. They should
NOT
have cleared your card anyway, as it goes against the accepted rule - as
specified by the card companies - that you only clear the card when you
actually SHIP the goods.

They entered in at least contract with you when they gave definate dates
(even though that spanned a week). They have therefore broken that
contract.
It is also possibily illegal for them to advertise that they have it
available for "next day delivery".

I would also send them a Registered Letter also confirming the cancellation
and a request that you get confirmation in writing by a specified date
(within 2-3 days)

I would then go and buy it at the other place and pay £5 more

This way, you will at least STOP them making any profit out of you and give
the profit to the next supplier who sounds like he deserves it more.

Unless you see a REAL e-commerse system, which can give REAL stock figures
(ie: 10 in stock, or whatever), you can never be sure whether their system
is a proper e-commerse program. Simply displaying a product and letting you
order it is easy. But setting up a proper system is somewhat more difficult
and at the very least requires a 24 net connection (leased line), plus an
NT
server, and an ODBC compliant database. All of these things sound a little
beyond the company you chose.

Oh well...

Hope you sort it out

Good luck