Audio Video --> Composite ?

Hi,

I know this isn't strictly HA but you lot are still probably the best to
ask. I have just moved to Holland and as many of you will know they use a
different variant of the PAL TV system. The result is a perfect picture but
sound is, well, just hissing!.. So I first looked to see if I could find
some sort of converter, but couldn't. Then I came up with the following
idea, Can someone in the know tell me if this would work?

1. Buy a cheapo stero VCR here in Holland.
2. Plug the RF cable into it.
3. Take a SCART cable from the Dutch VCR on plug it into my UK VCR (Blue
socket - Sat In)
4. Tell the UK VCR to get it's signal from the Scart.
5. Use the Dutch VCR to change Channels
6. Record signals and Pass the signal to the UK TV from the UK VCR..

I'm not sure if it's clear but essentially I'm hoping that I can use a
Dutch
VCR to convert the signal into a composite one. Does this make sense? Would
it do the job?

Thanks

Andy

**************************** DISCLAIMER *****************************
This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

A shopper’s dream come true! Find practically anything on earth at eBay!
Come and browse the more than 2 million items up for bid at any time.
You never know what you might find at eBay!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1140

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1