Re: Roll-your-own X10 problems

patrick@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Do you mean 'device driver' or daemon?

Device driver. /dev/house, at the moment. ;) There doesn't seem to be
much support for the _parallel_ variant of the TW7223, apart from an
old NetBSD driver I found.

Also I wanted a more generic interface to the powerline: beyond
starting frames with 1110 and bi-phase encoding the payload, the driver
has no knowledge of X10.

I shall probably do some sort of daemon later for control purposes.
Control via the net or by WAP would be cool. Unfortunately I've mistimed
the whole thing somewhat, rashly believing that NTL's promise of cable
modem service or BT's roll-out of ADSL would actually happen on the
date's they said they would. ;)

> I've written a daemon - it's a bit flaky but does the job, and accepts
> connections from multiple clients using sockets. As I found out
> afterwards, several others have done similar things and put them in
the
> public domain. Although I haven't tried any myself, it may be worth
> taking a look unless you are the kind of guy who enjoys doing this
> stuff for fun!

Yes, I'm afraid I am. ;)

> It would be great if you could share your efforts.

No problem, I'll make it available once it's vaguely working.

cheers

ant
--
ant@xxxxxxx                     /\/\                www.ant.org
askelton@xxxxxxx     (`')     www.homewireless.co.uk

-- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1