Re: Comfort install - completed!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Comfort install - completed!
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:45:04 GMT

Actually, I've just thought...

Regarding the doorbell functionality, I would only want the functionality
described below if the house is occupied - If the system is armed in either
away or vacation mode, I would then want a doorbell press to immediataly
initiate a call to my mobile, preferably with an announcement on the
outside
doorstation like "Please wait, contacting the homeowner..." (or
something
equally as cheesey)...

Paul.

>From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Comfort install - completed!
>Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:30:07 GMT
>
>Success! - I've now successfully completed the installation &
comissioning
>of my Comfort system, with the help of Raj from Optix systems, and
Andrew
>from Comfort home controls (for the loan of a Comfort PCB and Kompad) -
>Thanks to both of you guys!
>
>Now, I just have to figure out what on earth I want to do with it!! -
>there's just one problem in having a system that is limited only by
one's
>imagination - that is that my imagination far exceeds my ability to
program
>the system!!
>
>Seriously though, I really have not got to grips with programming it
yet -
>although I've had it for about 2 months already, I've been far too busy
at
>work to even get as far as reading the various manuals, and although
I've
>done quite a bit of programming over the years, the programming model
used
>by Comfort is slightly alien to me, and takes some getting used to.
(but
>I'm
>sure I'll master it, given time)
>
>Just to get me started though, (and because I'm too impatient to wait
until
>I learn it the "proper" way), can anyone give me any pointers
on how to
>achieve the following:
>
>1) How do I modify an X10 response? - I started using CS-Express to
modify
>one of the pre-defined ones (it was 47 - which sends X10 code L1 on) -
>wanted to modify it to send a P2 on instead. I went into a dialogue
(under
>Home Automation Settings, Responses, and was able to see this response:
>195,76,1,5 and I can see that 76,1 = L1, and I assume that the last ,5
=
>the
>ON ?? is this correct? - So my modified response should be: 195,80,2,5
>(and the corresponding L2 off would be: 195,80,2,7?? - again from
looking
>at
>response 48 seems to suggest that the final ,7 is the OFF command?)
>
>2) As well as having the doorstation out in the porch, my wife also
wanted
>to have a "normal" doorbell pushbutton. So I have a standard
bell press
>connected back to one of the input zones. Currently when pressed, all
that
>happens is the Kompad announces "door bell". My wife wants
doorbell
>functionality to be just the same as a "normal" doorbell - IE
when pressed,
>it goes "DING DONG" and does NOT ring the internal phones -
the point about
>the phones being that the panel cannot make the internal phones ring
with a
>different tone/pattern to an incoming call (DECT phones, electronic
>ringers), and so we cannot determine if a ringing phone is an incoming
>call,
>or a person at the front door. Meanwhile though, if a visitor does
happen
>use the button on the doorstation, we do get internal phones ringing,
and
>sirens on the kompad. So my question (finally) is this: To satisfy my
>wife's
>stipulations, how can I disable the doorstation button entirely, and
make
>the bell press button go DING DONG on the internal Kompad? - I'd also
like
>to be able to have it send an X10 command as well, and although the
>doorstation button will be disabled, I'd still want the ability to pick
up
>phone and talk to the caller if I wanted to...
>
>3) Lastly (for now), I have a PIR out in the porch (outside the final
exit
>zone), which is currently set to Null, for fear that If I set it the
same
>as
>my other PIR's then when the system is armed, someone coming up to my
front
>door would trigger an alarm! (obviously not what I want!) - This
outside
>PIR
>is purely for detecting visitors approaching the front door, I intend
>use
>it for starting the VCR recording (using the IR Cloner), and turning on
the
>porch lights (which are on the abovementioned P2 address), How do I set
>this
>PIR up so that regardless of the arm state of the system, when
triggered
>it:
>a) activates the IR cloner (on O/P zone 7) to start the VCR for 30
seconds,
>b) sends a P2 on, waits 30 seconds, then sends P2 off,
>c) increments a counter by 1, to count the number of visitors.
>
>I shall add a light sensor at some point in the future to make the
lighting
>response dependent on ambient light level, but for now I'm happy just
>get
>the basics working....
>
>As ever, thanks in advance for any tips...
>
>Cheers all
>
>Paul G.

>-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

-- eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?m=1