Re: Home Entertainment Show 99 (Preston)

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Home Entertainment Show 99 (Preston)
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:57:23 -0000

Hi Nigel,

I first saw NXT at PLASA about 3 years ago. The demo was an AV presentation
and there was a 50" white screen that the image was being shown on. At
either side were black panels about 24"x36" and I immeadiately
thought they
are the speakers. Then I noticed that they were playing a CD though one
amplifier and the presenters mike was through another amplifier.

The black panels were indeed speakers but for the stereo CD. The mike was
coming from a white panel which was being used as the screen :-))

Because the whole panel radiates sound rather than a point source as with a
conventional speaker there is no loudest point. The presenter could stand
infront of the screen without affecting the sound at all. Even more
impressive was the ability to put the mike right upto the screen without
feedback. He then switched the CD to a ceiling tile panel at the rear of
th=
room and thesound was just as clear and there is very little drop in sound
level as you move through the room.

Nice :-))

Keith