Re: Choosing PIR sensors

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Choosing PIR sensors
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:27:27 +0100

> OK, I've read the assorted Comfort documentation and reviews, and I'm
> hooked!  All thoughts of rolling my own HA system have gone
> temporarily out
> the window, and I'll hopefully be ordering one soon!

Excellent choice Nigel!  Although mine is still sitting in boxes I have had
a good look at the panels, keypads, software and documentation.  The first
fix wiring of the new house is completed and the system should be installed
sometime in June.  Support from Andy at Comfort has been first class.  I
look forward to getting the system up and running and then doing a full
review for the website (whenever I get some time!!).

> would be great though... particularly if anyone has used the dual
> (microwave/PIR) ones.

I have left the PIR choice to my alarm installer so I'm not sure of the
details on the PIRs we will be using.  We have one in every room (primarily
for lighting automation, although this will of course improve security
also).  One thing to think about when deciding positions for your new
sensors - if you are using them for lighting then try to position them
where
they will pick you up as soon as you enter the room (but avoid positions
where they may get you walking past the room).  The installer is using one
DualTech sensor (Microwave and PIR) in the kitchen where the heat of the
Aga
could cause a normal PIR sensor problems.

Regards

Mark

SIGN UP NOW FOR FREE HOME IMPROVEMENT HOW-TO'S
Receive seasonal how-to's and climate-specific advice via e-mail.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/131

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications