Re: Pronto and X-10 (was UK Home Automation - Site Updates)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Pronto and X-10 (was UK Home Automation - Site Updates)
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timmorris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:47:11 +0100

The only problem with this one as I see it, is that rather than the four
discrete dims I have in each of my codes it sends 8 for each key press. If
you are trying to keep track (via PC software) of where each lamp is you
won't! This will also mean that rather than 22 steps from dim to bright,
with that coding structure there will only be 11. The other problem it has,
it that the inter-code gap is too short, so that the PC won't recognise the
number of dims that has been sent (mine won't certainly). I don't know if
the Homevision system keeps track of dim levels, but Homeation does, so I
need to make sure that the modules and the PC are in sync.

If you really want to delve into it, you'll need to learn how to decode the
hex strings for each device code. Worth doing if you want to get into the
nerdy(!) levels of advanced Pronto programming.

As I'm such a nice bloke, I'll edit Ivan's ccf to my spec over the weekend,
and email it to you for inclusion on the site.

Tim.

Simplifying group communications

Tired of waiting for your stock quotes and charts to load?
StockMaster is super-fast for quotes, charts, news, and portfolios.
Markets don't wait, why should you?  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/69