Re: Structured approach to cabling

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Structured approach to cabling
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 14:11:57 +0100

> Sorry, I wasn't trying to be difficult.  I just was wondering first of
all
> if it was needed- Ray(?) said it is recommended for keypads, I presume
it
> could use ordinary alarm cable for the other sensors, as someone
mentioned
> comfort could be used to replace an existing box.

Yeah...as I say...Comfort say to use it if possible, Ray isn't using it
anywhere and he's getting on fine.  BTW there is a Comfort Egroup.  If you
want to read some of the posts in the archive or join the list look here...
http://www.eGroups.com/group/comfort

> And, as you needed screened, I was wondering if FTP would do the same
job.
> I'm wiring up the house slowly, and trying to leave it as open as
possible
> for what I connect- if running a couple of sets of FTP to each room
from
> the hub is worthwhile, I'll do it!

Sure is worth it...shielded TP is twice the price though.

> 8 wire untwisted screened doesn't seem as multi-purpose.

My shielded 8 core was completely separate to the Home Automation stuff.  I
think what you're talking about is running shielded TP so you could use it
in the future for anything - including Comfort keypads.  Fair enough.

> I'll just sit down and shut up now... sometimes email just
> doesn't help ;-)

Hey...we're all learning (me included).  That's what this list is here
for...to stimulate debate :-)

Regards

Mark

Tired of waiting for your stock quotes and charts to load?
StockMaster is super-fast for quotes, charts, news, and portfolios.
Markets don't wait, why should you?  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/69

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying
group communications