Re: Linux, anyone?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Linux, anyone?
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:52:50 -0000

I'm using a sound card to send MIDI instructions to an NJD MIDI lighting
controller.

At the moment, I'm "between" working sound card installations,
which is
why we were up till midnight on Saturday trying to reinstall the AWE
Midi driver from an FTP site.

In any case, it's sitting in pieces on my study floor, since the
intention is to go "live" in my new house, not the current one.
(Land
secured, next door both sides has now got planning permission so should
be infill, looking to apply for planning permission later this year with
construction work to start spring 2000.)

However it would be nice to crack all the HA aspects before construction
work starts.

I'm already committed to explictly running all the lighting points back
to a central patch panel, and wiring switches (of some kind) back
separately. Done this in my friend's cottage rennovation, and it's
working well.

He also wants to go ahead with the MIDI control solution.

Regards,

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 181 869 1439