Re: was Curtains now Twin co-ax outlets

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: was Curtains now Twin co-ax outlets
  • From: phil.hooker@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:13:44 -0000

I thought about that but the cablebox only has RF output and it can't be
adjusted. Crap but it's the only box my cable company offer. If they ever
go digital it will probably change but I can't see that happening for a
while. The only ideas I can come up with are just silly. Like use an old
video to output the cable in composite into a modulator to convert it to a
different RF frequency then use the same cable. But it seems like a stupid
way of doing it.

Any suggestions?

> > I have two cables running from two different cable TV decoders.
They both
> output the cable channel on the same frequency. I want to plug
different
> devices into them (TV in one and video in the other) so I can watch
one
> cable channel and record a different one.
> >
> > What I get on the screen is BOTH cable channels at the same time
in my
> technical terms that means massive interference. I have isolated it to
the
> wall socket because if I take the socket away and terminate the cables
with
> a connector they work ok. What I want is an socket that has two
outputs
> that are screened from each other. The only other solution is to put a
> second socket in and have a single outlet in each one. But they need
to be
> a fair distance apart and that doesn't suit me.
>
> Hi Phil,
>
> Even if you could get screened sockets...which I have never seen, the
> signals are
> probably so strong that you would get bleedthrough from the cables
running
> adjacent to
> each other.
>
> Can you not adjust the RF output of one cable box to a different
frequency
> or better still
> connect to the video via a SCART lead so avoiding the RF connection
> altogether.
>
> This was a problem for many people when ASTRA 1D went live.
> People with early non 1D compatible systems who lived in parts of the
> country
> where terrestrial TV is at the top end of the band CH52-68 found that
they
> could
> see Satellite pictures interfereing with normal TV. This was due to a
> combination of
> high level signals at the same frequency and poor quality coax running
> parallel for long
> distances.
>
> Keith
>
> Keith Doxey
> http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
> Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

Why are most stock sites so slow and annoying to use?  StockMaster.com
is fast, easy, powerful, and free!   Use company names, not ticker
symbols.  Track your portfolio.  Visit:   http://stockmaster.com/?a=f6

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d