Re: Surge suppressors

Hi Tim,

This is the first time you have mentions the surge suppressors.
Have you tried unplugging them at the times when your dimmers arent
responding?

It could be that you have a very low X10 level because of them and this
coupled with the heat build up in the switched is the cause of your
problems.

I think I have a possible problem with my main PC soaking up X10 from my
CM12U.
My lounge table lamps are supposed to go off at 12 midnight but
occasionally this doesnt happen. The other night I realised that they were
still on and so was the PC. Recently I have been using my laptop in the
lounge and not turning the main PC on and the lights have been fine. When I
get time I will investigate further but in your case I would definately try
unplugging the suppressors when you have a problem and seeing if this
helps.

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation