Re: TV and sound over CAT5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TV and sound over CAT5
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timmorris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:36:20 +0100

The one that really gets me is digital interconnects. Ask any _honest_
cable
supplier, why digital cables sound different, and he'll tell you that
nobody
knows. There is an argument that the better quality cables (usually
containing silver in some proportion), reduce 'jitter' or timing errors
between the CD transport and DAC. Whatever the reasons, they do sound
different.

The one argument that I'm finding very difficult to believe at the moment,
is that mains leads can make a difference between the 13 amp socket and the
amplifier, even though you just have twin and earth just running in a ring
main.

I may be moving to a new house sometime this year. If that is the case, I
will be able to do HA properly. One thing I will do is put in a dedicated
spur for the Home Cinema.

If anyone in the SW London/Surrey area wants to know what REAL Hi-Fi sounds
like, email me, and we might be able to arrange something.

Tim.

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9% FIXED APR. Apply online today!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/606

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications