Re: plea from poor X10 user

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: plea from poor X10 user
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 21:48:30 GMT

I reckon it must be pretty simple to DIY one as well - the ones I've seen
are basically just a "head" which compirises a (maybe) 4-inch by
4-inch
square, with a grid of spikes protuding from its face at 45 degrees to the
surface, mounted on a "stick" (telescopic pole?) with a padded
cushion at
the other end which you're supposed to bash with your knee. It surely
wouldn't be beyond the ability of anyone with basic DIY skills to
"Heath
Robinson" something that works just the same. (I reckon I could knock
one up
with various timber offcuts, and a bag of nails!)...

Certainly wouldn't cost £500 ;-)

Paul Gordon.

>From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: plea from poor X10 user
>Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:28:54 +0100
>
>You can hire them from hire sheds, some carpet fitters supplies shops
also
>hire them out.
>
>John
>jtankard@xxxxxxx
>

> > Any recommendations on how best to acheive this effect without a
> > stretcher tool (costing over £500 apparently) - I daren't lift
carpets
> > at the minute since I'm dead if I can't get them back as
perfectly as
> > before. I cheated last time by putting cables down shortly before
a new
> > carpet was fitted, so I used the 'while you're here' trick.

>Was the salesman clueless?
>Productopia has the answers.
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/555
>

>eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
>http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

GET $10 OFF ANY ORDER @ healthshop.com! No min. purchase req.
Save on vitamins & supplements. Use coupon code: EGROUPS99
at checkout.  http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/463