Re: VGA Scan Conversion and Plasma Panels

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: VGA Scan Conversion and Plasma Panels
  • From: Steve Morgan <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:54:01 +0100

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Doxey [mailto:keith.doxey@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 1999 11:42 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: VGA Scan Conversion and Plasma Panels

<snip>
>I havent tried using a Video card with TV output yet like the ATI All
in
>Wonder but I would imagine the results would be much better than any of
the
>converter cards or boxes out there due to the fact that the image was
being
>generated for display on a TV rather than converted from a higher
>resolution.
<snip>

I use an All-in-Wonder Pro at 800x600 fed into a TIM3 UHF modulator and
I'm really quite impressed with the image quality. With a reasonably
sized font, it's perfectly readable both on the main TV in the living
room and the 14" in the master bedroom. I'd definitely recommend it.
One
word of warning, though; in order to support video output, the refresh
rate must be set for 'hardware default' which is a slow interlaced rate.
Great output on the TV - lots of flicker on the monitor. However, this
is FAR preferable to my previous experiences with one of the Velocity
cards that could output video or monitor but not both (not useful when
the nearest TV's in the next room!).

Steve

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying