Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?
  • From: "Mike Dalgleish" <md@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:26:09 +0100

I've just gone through this.

I decided early on to use Mod Comp 4 way modular panels.

I put 2 RJ45s, 1 BT and 1 video (UHF) to each room.  The BT wiring is CAT5
anyway.

That gives me enough flexibility to cope with likely future developments.
(Like digital video).

All ducting is easy to re-thread if some unexpected demand comes along.

Mike

Simplifying group communications

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/475