Re: Visual Basic

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Visual Basic
  • From: "Paul Miller" <pmiller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:18:41 -0000

Andy,

What's VB 5 RedRat?
I'm currently have rough (very) code for scheduling X10 events and direct
commands to X10, it setup to use the TW523.
It also acts as a answer machine via TAPI modem with Voice recognition,
interfaces to a Solwise Caller ID gadget to monitor incoming and outgoing
calls. It also looks up incoming numbers within MS Outlook contacts folder
for the callers name which it then announces, oh and it announces the time
on the hour (boring, but useful) . I'm trying to work out how to issue a
shutdown command to a remote computer, so that I can shut it down cleanly
then power it off via X10, struggling to find the starting point on this
one.. any ideas?

If any of the code sounds useful and you'd like to see how not to do it ;-)
drop me a line..

Paul