Re: Serial Port madness

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Serial Port madness
  • From: patrick@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:29:19 -0800

"james traynor" <jame-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=1479
>This is the problem ,I bought a 8 port rs232 serial card from Chase
Research but after a month of trying and talking to their technical
support the card was found to be incompatible with MScomm, back to
square one.  Does anyone out there have any multi port serial cards
working with mscomm and vbasic??

Digiboard (www.digiboard.com) intelligent boards may be worth a look -
their drivers are mature and available on a wide range of platforms,
although I've never tried using the MScomm control with one.

If you don't mind dumping VB, drivers for the Chase cards are available
under Linux.

A cheaper alternative to intelligent cards, if you're handy with
hardware, is be to build a serial multiplexer. A Z80 with a bunch of
serial ports attached to your PICs funnelling into a single serial port
connected to the PC is pretty straightforward to knock up.

Patrick

Get 75% Off Our Best Selling Health and Wellness Books!
SelfCare.com has everything you need to take care of you and your family,
plus spend $40 or more and your shipping is free!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1824

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1