Re: AT LAST!!!!

Hi

> I finally got the keys to my new house yesterday!! only taken 3 months
> to move into an empty house with no house to sell!!

:-)

> OK, so expect some fairly simple questions from me :)

No problem

> Here's the first. I'm going to get cable TV (has anyone got
> Cabledigital yet?) and I want to just have one box and run the output
> upstairs too. Spliting the output of the box would seem the simplest
> solution, but are there any better ones?

Depends WHAT you are splitting.

If you're splitting the VIDEO output (for best quality), then you can NOT
just use a Y socket, as the video signal is too weak (1V p-p). You'd need a
video splitter which are around £120+VAT'ish. You'd also run the L/R audio
to each room too.

You could of course, just split the TV (modulated) output. YOu can do this
with a Y socket, or for better reception use an amp with 2 outputs. This
way
is easiest as you then only have to run the cable to another TV and plug it
straight into it's aerial input.

Of course, what you could do, is run coax AND L/R audio cable. Then do it
the easy way. Then you'd have the correct cable if you later wanted to
upgrade to the better solution

Make sense ?

Mike

Don’t have the time or patience to search for unique
products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1