Re: Dimming LV halogen lights

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Dimming LV halogen lights
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:53:24 -0000

You need "dimmable" transformers when working with low voltage
halogens.

Some newer electronic tranformers can block the X10 signal (ask Mike
Huggins).  Better off with the older wound type.  Or go for mains halogens
and do away with the problem completely.

M.

> The kitchen light I've just fitted has a wacking great transformer
> driving 5 35w low voltage halogens. I'm pretty sure this means I can't
> connect it directly to an X10 dimmer. However, I noticed that Ikea
sell
> something that you can fit inline between a dimmer switch and a
halogen
> to make the halogen dimmer - can I use one of these with an X10
dimmer,
> and how does it work?
>
> Cheers.
>
> REB Barnett
> Systems Developer
> Trojan Consultants

> Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
> http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

> -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1

Gator fills in forms and remembers passwords with NO TYPING at over
100,000 web sites! Get $100 in coupons for trying Gator!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2092

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1