Dimming LV halogen lights

Perhaps not quite the right forum, so if you can point me to the right
place...

The kitchen light I've just fitted has a wacking great transformer
driving 5 35w low voltage halogens. I'm pretty sure this means I can't
connect it directly to an X10 dimmer. However, I noticed that Ikea sell
something that you can fit inline between a dimmer switch and a halogen
to make the halogen dimmer - can I use one of these with an X10 dimmer,
and how does it work?

Cheers.

REB Barnett
Systems Developer
Trojan Consultants

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1