Re: LW10U - does it transmit X-10 commands.

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: LW10U - does it transmit X-10 commands.
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:39:53 -0000

You could always fit a weatherproof box on the roof :-))

Sorry....not that helpful a suggestion really, but...

I had a similar issue when I installed low voltage halogen lighting in my
bathroom. It is a flat roofed extension at the rear of the house and being
consious of the fact that once the lighting transformer was installed it
would be enclosed forever within the ceiling void.

That situation would guarantee that it would be doomed to fail in 6 months
neccesitating ripping out the newly installed ceiling. That became one of
the reasons and justification for the installation of ceiling speakers in
the bathroom. In under 30 seconds I can remove the speaker and reach into
the ceiling void for the transformer should replacement ever be required.

Again, that suggestion may not be particularly helpful in your situation
but
it does point out to people how you can plan for access to concealled
equipment where you dont want the access panel to be obvious.

If you cant disguise it....make a feature of it :-))

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation