Re: Tomorrows World

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Tomorrows World
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:15:21 +0000

At 12:03 09/12/99 -0000, you wrote:
>voice recognition and what looked like X10 control looked really neat.

I got the impression, though it wasn't stated, that the robot was just an
interface to a system hidden somewhere else (eg the camera shots looked
like they were from the robot's camera, but I wouldn't expect it would have
a video out socket on it, and it would be unlikely that it would store
video itself and play it direct to the TV)- I'm suspecting it just does
video in, audio in and out, and maybe voice recognition and basic video
recognition, and communicates with some sort of HA controller.  Does anyone
have more detail on it?

>It would solve the problem of having to install mikes all around the
>house to feed something like HAL2000...

You could just have a little robot with a radio mic built in that followed
you round ;-)

>Wonder how much they'll be when they come out...

Well the robot dog was =A32500, and served no useful purpose, so I would
guess at least =A35000 ish... ;-(.  And PF _did_ say it got annoying after
while...

Nigel=20

=0AAccurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
=0Aht=

tp://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701=0A=0A=0A=0A-- Easily schedule
meeting=

s and events using the group calendar!=0A-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?list=

name=3Dukha_d&m=3D1=0A=0A