Re: The Beauty of Gas ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The Beauty of Gas ?
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:11:45 +0000

At 18:47 03/12/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Don't even think about using an ignition-based system.

Seconded- we have a gas oven, with an ignition system.  I wouldn't _ever_
use the timer on it, having seen it, maybe twice, fail to ignite (eg if the
kitchen is humid, or dust has built up on the igniter).  It would be
possible to build a failsafe ignite or turn off the gas system, but I
certainly wouldn't DIY it!

>there, then you need to think in terms of a pilot light.

Pilot lights can still blow out, but it would be slightly better... at
least when a pilot goes out, the gas is usually switched off by a
thermocouple.

Nigel

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1