Re: SMS Notification via Comfort

Comfort sends an Alarm Type message to the RS232
interface, so it is possible for a program on the PC to
read and decode the Alarm information (Alarm Type,
zone or user) and send out an SMS message using one
of the methods discussed in this thread.
SMS messages need to be sent out via a mobile phone,
so Comfort is not able to send directly .

Chiu

> > Is anyone using SMS on their mobile to get information from their
> > HA system? If so what software are you using?
>
> I thought this would be a great way for Comfort to send information.
> Unfortunately this would require Comfort having a modem on the panel
> (which it doesn't).  You could try to have Comfort communicate with
HomeVision and get it to SMS you.

> The new comms module that's is coming for Comfort may be the answer
> though!
>
> Andy...if you're listening...could this module send serial commands to
run
> an SMS app on an attached PC to send SMS info out?
>
> Thanks
>
> M.

> Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
> http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

> -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1

L Y Chiu
Cytech Technology Pte Ltd
201 Henderson Rd #02-04A
Singapore 159545
Tel (65) 273 5682
Fax (65) 273 5680
email cytech@xxxxxxx

Was the salesman clueless?  Productopia has the answers.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1702

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1