Re: ATTN: PalmIII Users

I've got a Palm Personal, upgraded via the 2MB board, and I tried it
with the Pacificneotek software a while back. I can't comment on how
powerful the vanilla Palm III's IR port is, but the upgrade board's IR
is strong enough. However I never tried bouncing the signal off walls,
and it might not be strong enough for that.

The Pacificneotek software was fine, but I never got as far as actually
registering it. Mainly because I'm lazy and a spate of problems of
synchronising the Palm coupled with it eating its batteries coupled with
me being busy have left it idle for quite some time.

A quick synopsis is the learning function worked perfectly. The macros
were a bit iffy, mainly because you have to keep the Pilot aimed at the
devices whilst the macros are running, but also because you have to get
the timing just right between the commands (I tried stuff like switching
to BBC 1, teletext, then call up page 606).

Down sides were that the touchpad keys were not quite so *nice* to press
because they're not tactile, and you have to hold the Pilot at a
reasonably odd angle to be able to view the screen and keep the IR
emitter aimed at the TV...

Don't take my word for it though - you can download a free trial that's
about 10kb. Certainly worth a look. I'll probably resurrect my Palm soon
on account of the fact that we now have 6 remotes that need
rationalising...

Ray Barnett

Simplifying group communications

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1701

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1