Re: X10 and my broken TV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: X10 and my broken TV
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:56:16 +0100

Hi Adam,

I would be utterly amazed if X10 has caused that.
The level of the X10 signal is only a few millivolts on the mains wiring
and
will not harm anything. The only way that X10 could possibly damage your TV
would be to plug the TV into a lamp module and ty to dim it, but I bet the
Lamp module would die first.

Most people complain about Sony TV's killing the X10 signal and stopping
X10
from working, not the other way round.

Perhaps this is a new "Killer Breed" of X10 wreaking vengance on
Sony for
the past problems they have caused :-))

Seriously though, it sounds as if something within the TV is screwed up and
a prolonged disconnection from the mains could cure it. That said, the
flashing sequence of LEDs souns like a fault code from internal
diagnostics.
Maybe something was damaged by recent storms and has only just failed.

Sorry I cant ffer any more help but you can rest assured that X10 hasnt
done
this.

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY HomeAutomation

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications