MP3 Anywhere

Rather than run cables to each hifi, and worry about balanced signals
etc, how feasible is the following idea:

http://www.x10.com/mp3_x10/mp3_anywhere.htm
Basically a radio transmitter that plugs into the back of your PC, and =
receiver that plugs into the back of your HiFi. There is also =
suggestion
of some feedback control to pause, change volume etc.

The transmitter specs are as follows:
The MP3 Anywhere transmitter can send high-quality digital sound from
your computer to any stereo, up to 100 feet away. The key to this
broadcasting breakthrough is the use of new 2.4 GHz technology.
Being as this is an American site, what are the implications of
transmission on 2.4GHz, is it allowed, what happens if I try it? It
would be nice to think that a UK version will be available within the
next 10 years, but I'm not too hopeful.

Given that it is advertised for US$88 (~=A360?) this seems a very
attractive alternative to running (more) cables around the place and
possibly works out cheaper than any kit I might need for balanced
audio...

Any comments?

Ray.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d