Couple of FYI's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Couple of FYI's
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 00:01:32 GMT

In case anyone's interested:

Homebase - the DIY superstore chain are apparently selling X10 stuff!
I've just received a catalogue through the post today, notifying me of
another one of their regular 10% of EVERYTHING days, and additionally, 30%
off everything in the catalogue. On one page near the back of the
catalogue,
they are selling 3 bundled X10 packages, respectively entitled:
"The timer control Kit" - 1 Mini-timer + 2 x LM12U or AM12U
"The remote control kit" - 1 TM12U + 1 LM12U or AM12U + 1 radio
remote
"The computer control Kit" - 1 CM11U + 2 x LM12U or AM12U +
activehome
The prices for the above this Friday ONLY (27th August) are £62 for each of
the first two kits, and £72 for the last kit.

Also, you may remember a while ago, my quest to find a Black PC case. Well
think my search may be at an end... I've spoken to SCAN Computers today
(www.scan.co.uk) in response to some small print I spotted buried away on
their website, in which they claim to be able to carry out complete case
customisation, and therefore be able to supply any of their case range in
any colour combination required. When questioned, their chap said that this
service is "not quite ready yet", as they currently only have one
custom
option - a full tower case is available in black and silver. However their
chap assures me that they _are_ gearing up to provide this service in the
very near future, and gave me an estimate of "a few weeks" - We
shall see! -
watch this space for further news!!

Regards all

Paul Gordon.