Re: DIN Rail Dimmer Problems :-(

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DIN Rail Dimmer Problems :-(
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:39:54 +0100

At 10:03 04/08/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Apparently in long cable runs (and to X10 that seems to mean anything
over
>just 10m) cables that are side by side can induce a current across one
>another, fooling the LD10 into thinking someone is holding the switch
down!!

What is on the dimmer connections- is it mains or LV?  Could you pull
something with a better twist/screening or is that the problem now the
walls are up?  Sorry to hear about the snags- I was going to get LD10's as
they seem like a better solution than the light switch replacements- with a
small DIN rail on each floor just to hold the LD10s, but I'm thinking again
now... there can be few things more irritating than 'known faults' which a
company tries to hide until their hand is forced.

What cable have you currently got connected?  How long are the runs?  What
do you still have access to change?  If you give me some more details, I'll
set my noise-engineering cogs into gear, just in case I might come up with
an easy suggestion that Keith or the others might have missed- absolutely
no disrespect to Keith or the others intended, but a different angle
sometimes helps ;-)

Nigel

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/630

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications