Re: More on Pcs and X10

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: More on Pcs and X10
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:51:50 +0100

At 17:15 30/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
>and the CM11, but I've just noticed that the X10 is on the last plug on
the
>spur, and the PC is plugged between the X10 and the rest of the world.

You've got the alarm bells ringing now- how many sockets are on your spur?
Are you sure it is a spur?  Domestic wiring is usually ring final for
sockets- I don't have the regs to hand, but ISTR you can only have one
socket (or double socket) as a spur off the ring main at any point, so you
may need a little rewiring done...

Realistically, the mains cable should all be a low impedance anyway, so
position _shouldn't_ make much difference.  But it would be better if the
PC could be more remote- either on its own spur/ring from the fusebox or at
the end of a line somewhere...

Note I say shouldn't, rather than won't- it's always worth trying swapping
things around.

Nigel

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9% FIXED APR. Apply online today!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/606

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications