Re: Radio Speakers

On 27/04/99, at 21:49, Tim Dawe wrote:

>Do you have any thoughts on suppliers of wireless speakers?

I'm not too keen on them but doing it thisway cuts the cost dramatically.

>I have seen the Ross units that Tandy sell, though they seem rather=
expensive
>for this application (transmitter and 1 speaker is GBP100ish and=
additional
>speakers are GBP80ish, though they can do stereo if you want to stump
up=
for two

<snip.>

Dixons sell 1 (from their web site)

PHILIPS  SBC 200 FM
=
CORDLESS MINI SPEAKERS

=
Wireless speaker with built in 4W amp
=
FM cordless freedom
=
Switchable stereo/mono sound system
=
Only works with FM transmitter
=
Signal passes through walls/floors/doors
=
2" speaker provides high quality sound
=
Trackball volume control
=
Battery or mains powered via AC/DC
=
In conjunction with SBC250 speaker and t
=
DIXONS PRICE
=
=A339.99

PHILIPS  SBC 250 FM
CORDLESS MINI SPEAKERS

1 spkr & 1 trans with up to 100m range
Wireless speaker & built in 4W amplifier
Switchable stereo/mono sound system
=
Signal passes through walls/doors/floors
=
2" speaker provides high quality sound
=
Auto mute for noise free operation
=
Trackball volume control
=
Battery or mains powered via AC/DC
=
Was Price =A369.99
=
DIXONS PRICE
=
=A359.99

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bothers me,
it's the parts that I do understand. - Mark Twain

Does your free web site address contain more letters than the alphabet?
Register a domain name with DomainDirect. A domain with NO hosting fees.
Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/49
for full details.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying