Re: Suggestions - cabling

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Suggestions - cabling
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:29:29 +0100

>One piece of advice - you haven't specified enough, guarantee it ;-)

Hi All

Quick update after day 2 of the cable fest.

So far we have pulled half the CAT5s we need and we have used almost all of
the cable (around 1 mile!!!).
As we were down to only one box left and therefore couldn't do multiple
runs
we switched to the speaker wire.  I bought 2 x 100m rolls of 79 strand (not
too crap - not too expensive).  We used this in the first 3 rooms!!  We
still have at least 5 rooms to do.  60 quids worth of speaker cable gone
already.  Ah well...300m more in the boot of my car along with some more
CAT5 for tomorrows work.

Keith has been a real star.  Make no mistake - he is running this
operation....I'm mearly the apprentice!  Anyway, I've taken some pics over
the last 2 days on the digital camera.  If anyone wants to see some let me
know and I'll try to get a few up on the web tomorrow.

Off to bed now...hard work this cabling lark :-)

M.

Too much effort to find the stock info you want each day? StockMaster
lets you enter a company name and quickly shows you a daily quote,
chart, and news all on one page. Free! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/71

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d