Re: Radio Speakers

Hi,

I've just had a look at home toys web page and whilst browsing their back=
issuses found a nice little idea using radio speakers. I've been tinkering=
with the idea of using Caller id and announcing calls as they come in but=
wasn't too keen on the idea of using the main amp in the home cinema room.=
Then I found this idea which, to be honest, I hadn't even though of. here=
it is.... Simply buy (for example if you want 4 zones) 1 x transmitter and=
either 4 pairs for stereo or 2 pairs for mono wireless speakers. Plug the=
speakers in to appliance modules positioning them around the house. Give=
each zone a different unit code (A1 =3D zone 1 A2 =3D Zone 2 etc..). Plug=
the transmitter into your PC soundcard. Now when you want to announce a=
caller (or any other event simply turn on the relavant zones (eg A1,A3,A4)=
wait a second for the unit to receive the command and then send the WAV=
file/generated speech. Only the zones that are on will get the message.=
Wait for the message to be send and then turn the zones off again.

Well I liked it and the speakers don't really have to be brilliant for=
this, and as wireless speakers tend to be small they can usually be hidden=
and still receive signals.

any comments??

Andy

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
AIDS is nature's way of telling us we should have stuck to sheep.

V-Tech Computer For Kids! Challenge your kids with activities in math,
trivia, vocabulary, spelling, grammer!  Looks just like your PC! No-
Hassle Returns*Satisfaction Guaranteed*Only $90.00 Free Freight in US
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/144

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d