Re: SK8000 Home Security System

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SK8000 Home Security System
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:44:22 GMT

Hi Ray,

As I'm now getting pretty close to purchasing a security system (The
Wife is urging me to get on with it - I'm just waiting for payday!!),
I was wondering if you had anything further to report about your
Comfort system?...

I think I'm pretty much set on this system anyway, - I haven't seen
anything else that looks nearly as good (and it's English!), and your
first couple of reports have all been quite positive, so unless
you've suddenly run into any "showstoppers" I reckon I'll be
ordering
one at the end of the month...

Thanks.

Paul Gordon.

>From: Raymond <Reb.barnett@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: SK8000 Home Security System
>Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:40:32 +0100
>
>You reminded me that I promised to write something of my experiences
>with the Comfort security system.
>
>The alarm itself works wonderfully, and if you have existing wired
alarm
>sensors then it's a breeze to install. What's been slowing me up is
the
>fact that adding additional wiring to my decorated house without
causing
>too much damage is proving quite slow. However I have now got all bar
>two components fitted (unfortunately they're two quite fun
components:
>the door phone and the light sensor).
>
>To summarise: the alarm works wonderfully although the settings for
the
>telephone dial out (dials out to tell you of alarm condition,
>answerphone message etc) are a bit complex and took my a while to get
>setup well. The X10 control is fantastic since appropriate lights now
>come on and off depending upon whether we're in or not (subject to
the
>fact the system doesn't yet know whether it is light or dark).
Probably
>the acid test is that my wife is actively using the system and
thinks it
>works well. Of course, she might just be being nice given that she
>doesn't have much choice since the lights now have no local
control...

>I've a free weekend for a change so I'll write a more detailed
account
>and hopefully get it up on the web next week...
>
>Ray.

---
>> --
>> eGroups eLerts!
>> Exclusive discounts from the largest computer retailers
>> Join Now! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/30
>>
>> eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d
>> Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com

@Backup - #1 Online Backup Service  Free for 30 days
INSTALL now and win a Palm Pilot V!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/137

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d