[Fwd: R.F. from X-10 dimmers]

eGroups eLerts!
Exclusive discounts on personal finance products and services
Join Now! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/27

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I've not been subscribing to this group for a while, so hope you
haven't already discuss this!.
Following installing the new U.K. X-10 wall dimmer switches  in place
of many of my light switches I have been having trouble with signal
reliability between my Marmitek R.F. remote and my powermid receiver (to
control homevision). I have also notice a buzz on my phone line (not a
portable handset either). After investigating the problem, I have found
that the buzz on the phone line gets louder the dimmer the lights are!!.
I have complete segregation between my mains wiring and my phone line,
so it's not induced A.C. The dimmer switches are emitting strong radio
interference with a range of 8-10 metres. If I switch off all the lights
the buzz on the phone line stops completely and my powermid receives all
signals 1st time. After checking the X-10 din rail dimmers, I've found
they also have this problem.
Anyone else notice this, any suggestions.

Mark J.

--- End Message ---