Re: Instabus and X10 dimming

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Instabus and X10 dimming
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timmorris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:11:44 +0100

That's the one!

> There is a possibilty that I may be able to use this new fangled
> European Instabus thing controlled from my Comfort alarm in the medium
> term (but it's all very vague). I haven't been able to find
> out much on
> Instabus, other than what has already been posted in this
> group, since I
> don't read German. Does anyone have any experience of Instabus dimmers
> (cost, availability and how well they work)?

Michael Chau, who is also on this list, seems to know more about it than
most, I think that he is going to get himself EIBA certified. I think it is
a great idea, but having read some of the modification pages for X-10, I
really don't understand why Leviton, PCS, X10 et al don't make uprated
versions of their products for the European market, (or perhaps they simply
don't realise that Europe is a large untapped market).

Tim.

eGroups Spotlight:
"Kosovo-Reports" - Direct reports from Kosovo/Serbia/Yugoslavia.
http://offers.egroups.com/click/252/0

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d